- Forum for issues on a local and national importance.
- A Secretary/Group Training Advisor specific to Group companies.
- Networking between other employers in the area; e.g. joint tendering for larger contracts.
- Sharing best practices with other employers.
- Establish local links with Federations, Confederations, Tecs, Learning Councils, WDA etc.
- Provide communication and training links with Schools, Colleges, Training Centres etc.
- Supporting the Curriculum Initiative projects.
- Promote any quality standards, e.g. Investors in People & ISO standards.
- Have a working Business Plan.
- Raise awareness of Equal Opportunity requirements.
- Utilise CITB Direct Training Unit, and other local Grant approved training providers.
- Promote CITB and H.S.E publications, videos, training packs, safety packs, etc. as aids to support good Health & Safety practice within industry.
- Provide Management/Supervisory training.
- Provide Management/Supervisory training external of the Group on a partnership basis.
- Be a Catalyst for Health & Safety training within and external to Group Members.
- Recruit apprentices with Group companies.
- Market/Promote On Site Assessment and Training.
- Support all certification schemes, CSCS, CTA, Scaffold etc.
- Ensure access to CITB grants and other financial support such as ESF funding.
- Identifying Training needs for Group members.
- Formulating Training plans.
- Arranging courses (Partnerships with providers).
- Evaluating Training.
- Induction and Refresher Training as appropriate.
- Subsidising many courses by 75%